Today’s episode is about a topic that might make you a little uncomfortable: masturbation. It’s an important topic and there’s no need to demonize it. Cole will discuss the unhealthy side of it and how it has affected his own marriage.
We’ve got nothing to hide and everything to gain with this topic. Cole explains why masturbation can sometimes be similar to cheating, what helped him overcome his bad habits, and why it’s a good idea to do a self-audit regarding your own behavior.
On this episode of School of Man:
- The area where Cole struggled with masturbation the most.
- How Cole’s wife, Ashley, reacted when she learned about this while in couples therapy.
- Why masturbation is natural and good for you sometimes, but shouldn’t be a crutch.
- Going “into the vault” and why this is not right by your queen.
- Finding yourself in bed with your wife not wanting to make love or just thinking of herself as a relief valve.
- The automatic habit Cole got into without even realizing it.
- Learning to reciprocate without expecting anything in return.
- The recurring theme of sex in Cole’s therapy sessions.
- The slippery slope of masturbation and how you can reverse it.
- Why it takes time to get to a place of reciprocation.
- Admitting the issue and not demonizing yourself for it.
- Openly talking about masturbation instead of masking it with humor.
- An invitation to do a self-audit.