The ethos at the School of Man is like our battle cry. When the “founding fathers” of SoM were putting it together, they spent a lot of time thinking about who is going to read and live this ethos. To some, the ethos is a prayer, and to others, it’s a lifestyle.
Today is the first of three parts where Cole will be unpacking the SoM ethos. We’ll be hearing the first paragraph of the ethos today, which has a strong focus on knowing who you are along with treating every day like it’s your last.
On this episode of School of Man:
- Feedback that Cole has received from the podcast and the School of Man book.
- The challenge of actually applying what you learn.
- The number-one goal that Cole has for the SoM.
- What happens to ethos in your life when you build it from the ground up.
- Why your ethos must be a true representation of you.
- The opening statement of the SoM ethos and why it is so impactful.
- Looking at fear and having the courage to use it as fuel.
- Why you need to be careful about mistaking movement as progress.
- Being loyal to responsibilities and how it can result in not being loyal to yourself.
- Unhealthy and healthy sides of being selfish.
- How knowing yourself is so difficult and why many guys have lost their creativity.
- Treating every day as if it is your last.
- Why it’s important to accept that you will have rough days sometimes.
- Getting out of the trap of darkness.
- Making the choice to get better every single day.