Cole is approaching this episode like a therapy session by opening up and talking about where he’s been. Before the beginning of the year, one small hurdle happened within his family. Little did he know that this “small hurdle” would have a domino effect over the next month of his and his family’s life. It’s been overwhelming at times, but life is not defined by what happens to you—it’s about how you respond, as we hear in this episode.
On this episode of School of Man:
- How the way you respond is a testament to who you are.
- Cole’s disposition and how it influences his responses.
- Why your network is your net worth.
- What happened in Cole’s family over the holidays and the domino effect it had.
- The recent news that didn’t come as a surprise to him.
- The difficulties Cole’s kids experienced at the beginning of this year.
- Why he believes everything that happens is for him, not to him.
- What Cole admitted instead of suppressing.
- What he and his wife learned about their son.
- The importance of prioritizing your self-care and what that looks like for Cole.
- The relationship between your training style and your fighting style.
- How you bore the devil.
- Why life is defined by how you respond.
- How your true character is revealed in times of adversity.
- Cole’s secret ingredient for dealing with adversity.
- Why you cannot resign yourself to a life of quiet desperation.
- The type of people you should always be on the lookout for.